Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Personal Essay.....

Tim Burton became my hero at a very young age. Since my sister is as obsessed as I am to this famous director we just fed each other information, sometimes I will tell her something she didn’t know about him and vice versa.


When I first started to become a big fan, my sister introduced me into Nightmare Before Christmas. It came out in 1993, the year I was born so I had to wait a couple of years to actually understand what was going in this movie. By the time I was 8, I could recite all the lines and songs in this movie. Everything to me was impressive of how Tim Burton did certain things, like the face Jack the Pumpkin King smile were in all of his movies after Nightmare Before Christmas came out.
   When I turned 8 I had to get caught up to all the movies he made in 8 years, there was: Ed Wood, Mars Attack, and Sleepy Hollow. My favorite movie of all time was Mars Attack. Even though it did not get great reviews I still loved everything about it. It was his most complete different movie from what others have directed.


This website when I was younger helped me, find out how everything became for Tim Burton become what he is today. The most famous, wacky, different director ever been alive or at least in this century.  If you have not seen any of his movies that he has produced or directed then you do not know what you are missing. People have different opinions on movies but everyone has the same opinion that Tim Burton does have talent and that he changed this movie industry.

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering, if your sister never introduce you to a Tim Burton what director would you be obessed with? I would have to say my favorite movie that you have stated above would have to be Sleepy Hollow. Also what about Mars Attack did you like so much to make that one of your favorite movie from Tim Burton?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Ebonee, my second obsession as for a directer is Stephen Speilberg so probably he would be my first. Also, I loved Mars Attack so much was because it was different from any other alien movie out there. Thanks for your post. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I THINK YOU DID A GOOD JOB , BUT YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO CHANGE IT UP A LITTLE BIT , GIVE US SOMETHING MORE ,NEW, BUT OVERALL GOOD JOB!!

    ReplyDelete